List - zaproszenie na imprezę
W dzisiejszych czasach coraz więcej ludzi porozumiewa się ze sobą za pomocą internetu, co sprawia, że sztuka pisania tradycyjnych listów może wydawać się zbędna. Jednak wciąż istnieją okazje, kiedy to wysłanie listu jest najlepszym rozwiązaniem - na przykład, aby wyrazić wdzięczność, przeprosić lub po prostu nawiązać kontakt ze znajomymi, rodziną czy partnerem biznesowym.
Umiejętność pisania listów po angielsku może okazać się także bardzo przydatna na egzaminach, takich jak np. matura czy egzaminy z języka angielskiego, a także w życiu zawodowym. Poniżej kilka przykładów listów po angielsku - zaproszenie na imprezę
Thanks a lot for your last postcard – great news you’re coming to London next week.
They’re throwing a party at my college on Tuesday and I wondered if you’d like to come. It’s a chance to meet up with people of different nationalities who have come here to study English. It might be worth coming along!
The party kicks off at 7.30 in the Assembly Hall and they’ve asked everyone to bring along an object that may be of interest to others or just some food to share, for instance some traditional dish.
I’m taking a traditional Polish dish ‘bigos’ made from sour cabbage, sausages, meat and mushrooms. I’m sure everyone will love it!
Hope it sounds exciting for you. Let me know soon if you are coming.
Lots of love
. Najtrudniejsze słówka z wyjaśnieniem po angielsku i tłumaczeniem
Postcard - a card sent or received through the mail with a picture or message on one side. (Pocztówka)
Nationalities - a group of people who share the same culture, history, language, etc., and who typically live in the same country. (Narodowości)
Assembly Hall - a large room or building used for public meetings, concerts, etc. (Sala zgromadzeń)
Traditional - being part of the customs or ways of behaving that have been passed down from past generations. (Tradycyjny)
Dish - a particular type of food prepared in a particular way as part of a meal. (Danie)
Sour cabbage - a type of cabbage that is preserved by fermentation and has a sour taste. (Kiszona kapusta)
Sausages - a cylindrical meat product made from ground meat, often pork, beef, or poultry, and spices. (Kiełbaski)
Mushrooms - a fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above ground on soil or on its food source. (Grzyby)
Kicks off - to start, begin. (Rozpoczyna się)
Object - a material thing that can be seen and touched. (Przedmiot)
I hope you are well. It's been a while since we've had the chance to catch up properly, and I thought it would be a great idea to have a get-together with all our friends. I'm having a party next weekend at my place, and I would love it if you could come!
The party will start at 7pm on Saturday, and there will be drinks, snacks, and music. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I know that you would enjoy yourself. Feel free to bring along anyone else you'd like to invite.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you again and catching up on everything. Let me know if you can make it, and if there's anything you'd like me to prepare or bring.
Take care, and see you soon!
Charakterystyczne zwroty dla tego typu nieformalnego listu to:
"I hope this letter finds you well" - towarzyska formuła powitalna. Przykłady alternatywnych zwrotów: "Hey there!", "Hi [imię]!", "How's it going?".
"It's been a while since we've had the chance to catch up properly" - wyrażenie tęsknoty za spotkaniem się z osobą. Przykłady alternatywnych zwrotów: "I've missed you!", "Long time no see!", "We need to catch up!".
"I'm having a party next weekend at my place, and I would love it if you could come!" - zaproszenie na imprezę. Przykłady alternatywnych zwrotów: "Let's hang out!", "We should get together soon!", "Come over and chill!".
"Feel free to bring along anyone else you'd like to invite" - zachęta do przyprowadzenia ze sobą kogoś innego. Przykłady alternatywnych zwrotów: "Bring a friend!", "The more the merrier!", "Don't come alone!".
"I'm really looking forward to seeing you again and catching up on everything" - wyrażenie entuzjazmu na myśl o spotkaniu. Przykłady alternatywnych zwrotów: "Can't wait to see you!", "I'm so excited to catch up!", "This is going to be great!".
Przykłady innych zwrotów, które mogą być użyte w nieformalnym liście to:
- "What's up?" zamiast "How are you?"
- "Thanks for writing to me" zamiast "Thank you for your letter"
- "I'm sorry I haven't written sooner" zamiast "Please forgive me for not writing earlier"
- "Take care" zamiast "Yours sincerely"
- "Looking forward to hearing from you" zamiast "I look forward to receiving your reply".
Oficjalny (formalny) list - zaproszenie na charity party
Dear [Recipient's Name],
I am writing to extend my warmest invitation to you for a special occasion - our annual charity party. As one of our closest friends, we would be honoured if you could join us for a night of fun and fundraising on [date] at [time] at [venue].
The purpose of this event is to raise funds for a charity organisation that works towards providing support to underprivileged children in our community. We believe that everyone deserves a fair chance to thrive, and your presence would mean a lot to us as we strive towards this cause.
To ensure that the event is memorable, we have a dress code in place - formal attire. We believe that this will add to the elegance of the evening, and it would be lovely to see you in your finest attire.
Please RSVP by [date] to confirm your attendance so that we can make the necessary arrangements to accommodate you. If you have any dietary restrictions or special requests, please do not hesitate to inform us.
Thank you for your kind attention, and we hope that you can join us for this special event.
Characteristics sentences/phrases for an invitation letter are:
- Opening greeting: The letter should begin with a polite and friendly greeting, addressing the recipient by name if possible.
- Dear [Recipient's Name],
- Hello [Recipient's Name],
- Greetings [Recipient's Name],
- Invitation statement: The main purpose of the letter is to invite the recipient to the party. This statement should be clear and concise.
- I am writing to extend my warmest invitation to you for a special occasion.
- You are cordially invited to our annual charity party.
- Purpose of the event: It's essential to explain the reason behind the party, especially if it's for a charity cause.
- The purpose of this event is to raise funds for a charity organisation.
- We are hosting this party to support underprivileged children in our community.
- Date, Time and Venue: Provide clear information about the date, time and venue of the party.
- The party will be held on [date] at [time] at [venue].
- Please join us on [date] at [time] at [venue].
- Dress code: If there is a specific dress code, it should be mentioned in the letter.
- We have a dress code in place - formal attire.
- The dress code for the party is black tie.
- RSVP: Request the recipient to confirm their attendance by a specific date.
- Please RSVP by [date] to confirm your attendance.
- Kindly let us know if you can join us by [date].
Alternative sentences/phrases for an invitation letter are:
- Opening greeting:
- Dear Sir/Madam,
- Good day,
- It's a pleasure to invite you,
- Invitation statement:
- We would like to invite you to join us for our annual charity party.
- We hope you can attend our party.
- You are invited to celebrate with us.
- Purpose of the event:
- We are hosting this party to show our appreciation for your support.
- The purpose of this event is to raise awareness of our cause.
- We are hosting this event to celebrate a special occasion.
- Date, Time and Venue:
- We are pleased to invite you to our event on [date] at [time] at [venue].
- The party will take place on [date] at [time] at [venue] and we would be thrilled if you could join us.
- We are excited to host the party at [venue] on [date] at [time] and would love for you to join us.
- Dress code:
- We kindly request that you dress in [theme/dress code] attire.
- The dress code for the party is [dress code] and we would appreciate it if you could follow it.
- Please wear [formal/informal/casual] attire.
- Please respond by [date] to let us know if you can attend.
- We kindly request that you let us know if you can join us by [date].
- Your response by [date] would be greatly appreciated.