How are things going? I haven’t heard from you for ages! I expect you’ve been working hard for your exams recently.
I’ve been camping with my friends in this beautiful valley which you can see in the photo. Generally, I’m having fun but there are some things I wish I’d done before coming here. Well, if I were
a reasonable person I wouldn’t have forgotten my favourite raincoat. The nights are cold and it rains almost all the time. Every evening I am pretty exhausted as my new trainers appeared not to be very comfortable. I regret not having taken a second pair of shoes. If I had remembered to pack my old shoes, I wouldn’t feel so tired and I could admire the nature during our daily hikes.
Apart from that it’s great here. So I’d better stop complaining now.
Get in touch.
Poza trzema okresami warunkowymi istnieją też różne ich połączenia, zwane okresami warunkowymi mieszanymi. Dwa najczęściej spotykane połączenia to zestawienie okresu drugiego z trzecim:
- sytuacja z przeszłości mogła mieć wpływ na teraźniejszość:
If +Past Perfect + would/could + bare infinitive
np. If you had not bought that car, we would not have financial problems now.
- wydarzenie w przeszłości wyglądałoby inaczej, gdyby zaistniała dana sytuacja lub gdyby ktoś posiadał określone cechy:
If+Simple Past + would have + III forma czasownika lub czasownik z końcówką ‘-ed’
If you had been more self-confident, you would have taken that job.
Rewrite the following as mixed conditional sentences:
- He didn’t wake me up. Now I’m late for my interview.
- He is a careless driver. He crashed his car last week.
- You didn’t buy tickets. We can’t go to the cinema tonight.
- We don’t like Italian food. We didn’t go to that restaurant.
- You are not polite. You treated that woman badly.
- If he had woken me up, I would not be late for my interview now.
- If he wasn’t a careless driver, he wouldn’t have crashed his car last week.
- If you had bought tickets, we could go to the cinema tonight.
- If we liked Italian food, we would have gone to that restaurant.
- If you were polite, you wouldn’t have treated that woman badly.